In this guide we reveal the special tips when teardown and install your iPhone X, with extra attention to the real problem you may face when fix iPhone X.
Tips for Disassemble
- Remove two charging port screws (6.9mm) by the Pentalobe screwdriver.
- Use the screen opening pliers and triangle pry to carefully remove the iPhone X OLED screen.
- Do not over-insert your pry tool when separate the iPhone, you may damage the connectors.
- A heating gun will make the disassemble easier.
- Evenly heat the lower edges of the screen helps soften the adhesive and makes it easier for you to open the iPhone.
- Be as careful as you can when remove the cables from the screen.
- The cable features the earpiece speaker, the secondary microphone and the proximity/light sensor.
- Do not try to separate the screen completely at once, follow the opening gap to disassemble the screen.
- Try not to damage the flex cable of the broken screen you may refurbish/recycle it afterwards.
Tips for Installation
- Over pressing the IC on the bottom will get the OLED damaged.
- Keep an eye on each screw and make sure to put it back exactly where it came from to avoid damaging your iPhone. It’s easy to break the OLED if get a longer screw installed into a shorter hole.
- Pay attention to these 3 screws when assemble them back, they are different in sizes and length. It’s easy to break the OLED if get a longer screw installed into a shorter hole.
- Carefully fold flex cable when install the screen, make sure flex cables remain inside the phone correctly.
- You may damage the water damage resistance by remove the waterproofing seals when open the display. Avoid any water contact if you change your sealings.
Remove the row
iPhone X OEM OLED Screen
iPhone X CMR Rigid OLED Screen
iPhone X CMR TFT LCD Screen